Sunday, August 30, 2009

Metropolitan Home -- September

This home was chosen to be the Met Home of the Month (September 2009). It's a Washington townhouse built in 1912 and what the architect and interior designer did inside is amazing.

*The team was able to create a beautiful blend of masculine/feminine & old/new.

What I love: Art Nouveau Hilltop Chair by Charles Rennie Mackintosh mixed with the antique Persian rug

What I love: The cool grey tones mixed with warm colors


What I love: The classic 18th-century English detailing of the headborad mixed with the modern sidetable.

What I love: This is my favorite room in the entire house. I love how sophisticated it is--still keeping the masculinity and femininity as well as a blend of old and new. The bathtub is definitely the focal piece of the room.

What I love: Simplicity can be everything. The inset mantel makes such a bold statement.
All Photos Via: Met Home

No comments:

Post a Comment

//PINTEREST
Pin It button on image hover