Thursday, January 13, 2011

Famous Design Quotes

In my design classes, textbooks, and internet browsing I've run across many famous design quotes. A few of them have really inspired me, some are just witty. Here are a few that I've kept on file:


If you want a golden rule that will fit everything, this is it: Have nothing in your houses that you do not know to be useful or believe to be beautiful. 
- William Morris

**********
Recognizing the need is the primary condition for design. 
- Charles Eames 
The details are not the details. They make the design. 
- Charles Eames

It is not easy to do something good, but it is extremely difficult to do something bad. 
- Charles Eames



images via here
**********
Less is more. 
- Ludwig Mies van der Rohe

image via here
**********
Less is only more where more is no good. 
-Frank Lloyd Wright

image via here
**********
The urge for good design is the same as the urge to go on living.
- Harry Bertoia 

image via here
*********
Form follows function. 
- Louis Sullivan
image via here
**********
If I have a style, I am not aware of it. 
- Michael Graves

image via here

1 comment:

  1. Oh Louis Sullivan. sigh. The rest of them are amazing too, of course, but I'm particularly fond of architecture. Great collection of quotes!

    ReplyDelete

//PINTEREST
Pin It button on image hover