Friday, February 25, 2011

Home Feature: My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia

Kristin from My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia has done a fabulous job designing her home. I love how she creates an overall appealing look yet pays attention to the little details along the way. The mark of a true designer.

Check out her gorgeous (and organized) home below:


The kitchen was completely renovated to fit her taste more -- traditional with a little French flare. I absolutely love white kitchens but I think the black island adds that element of contrast that just makes the room. You can find the breakdown of how to paint cabinets here


Exposed cabinets can definitely be tricky...but I love the look! Especially when you have something worth displaying.  




The master bedroom is gorgeous. I like the extra attention given to the smaller details. 



How fun is this closet!? Organized and full of detail! Closets are always so overlooked but I'm loving that I'm seeing more and more closets get the attention they deserve. Kristin did a great job transforming this dresser. Read the before & after story here




The adorable French inspired guest room! Every piece is perfect in its place. Love the luggage too. 





Kristin did a great job of carrying the colors and general feeling of the home into this bathroom yet added a little coastal touch.

Amazing work! This is just a taste of what she shares with us on her blog so go check out the rest of her home gallery. Also, she has SO MANY great tips and DIY projects. 

3 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for your write up Kimberly! So nice of you! I hope you are having a wonderful Friday!
    Take care
    XO
    Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't Kristin's kitchen and home amazing?!! I had been following her blog for a long time before I realized that that was her kitchen. LOL! She is so creative and has a great eye for detail! Kristin is so very very sweet to boot!

    Take care!
    xo,
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been following Kristin's blog for awhile and yes, she has a gorgeous home! She is extremely talented and a lovely and very sweet woman. She's a doll! Nice to meet you, Kimberly!

    ReplyDelete

//PINTEREST
Pin It button on image hover