Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Weekly Tip: DIY Paper Wheel Art

In case you missed me over at Vintage Wanna Bee, here is the tutorial I featured! Enjoy. 



A quick & easy way to spruce up that bare wall -- for under $10. These paper fan wheels are so fun but you won't feel bad about throwing them out when you're ready to change things up again! 


All you need is:
- Scrapbooking paper (12"x12"). Each wheel will take 2 sheets. 
- Rubber cement (or the equivalent)
- A few clothes pins or paper clips to hold the wheels together while the glue dries. 


Step 1: Fold your paper (accordion style). The width I chose was 1". 


Step 2: Fold the paper in half and glue the inside ends together. Use clothes pins to hold the two ends together while the glue dries.


Step 3: Repeat steps 1 & 2 then glue both ends of the two wheels together. 


You're done! So easy right?

6 comments:

  1. I've seen these a few times in magazines and have always wanted to make them! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is such a neat and frugal idea. I'm looking for ideas to spruce up our small apartment, especially in the winter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh that looks gorgeous - and so simple! Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. what fun colors and textures! Great fun on a wall. Thanks for linking up to Topsy Turvy Tuesday's!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm seriously in love with your blog. I'm thinking of trying this for my bedroom actually. I haven't been able to find any good art for my wall that doesn't put me into debt.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm going to use these for a baby shower! Thanks for the great idea!

    ReplyDelete

//PINTEREST
Pin It button on image hover