Wednesday, March 30, 2011

2011 Trends

What design trends do you want to see more of in 2011 {new or repeated}?

House Beautiful highlighted the Top 5 Trends in American Decorating. The two words "American Decorating" got me thinking. It will be interesting to look back on this era of design. How will it be defined?! Anyways, a few of my favorite trends highlighted in HB are Bold Color, the Soft Side of Modern, a Masterful Mix of Designs.

Let me embellish a little.

Color 
It's all about being bold not careless.


The Soft Side Of Modern (Organic Industrial)
Organic elements keep the clean modern lines of the industrial look without the harshness. 

A Masterful Mix of Design
It is so much more than just a random combination of styles. The fundamental principles of design are not lost in this approach. 


These are just a couple I wanted to focus on but what trends do you hope to see/not see continued in 2011?

3 comments:

  1. I love all of these trends, bold colors and patterns have always been my style. It will be interesting to see what trends come in the future and how the world of design cycles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all these colors and textures. Very modern yet somehow chic. You are very talented and I'm so glad I found your blog! I am now following you thanks to Welcome Wednesday blog hop and it would be so nice if you could share the love back on my blog:)
    And don't forget to check our new Blog Tutorial going on today. It's very easy and it would look amazing on your blog:) See you there!
    Happy Thursday

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love color and mixing design styles within a space, harder to do than it appears! Janell

    ReplyDelete

//PINTEREST
Pin It button on image hover