Friday, April 15, 2011

Friday Feature: Me Oh My

Today I'm featuring Nicole from the blog Me Oh My. Talent is written all over this blog! She has some fantastic design ideas along with lifestyle inspiration in general. One of my favorite spaces in her home is the kitchen -- I die whenever I see it {and her entire home for that matter}.


*All images of her home were done by the ever talented Ashlee Raubach and they are lovely!

A chandelier? Yes please. 
And that blue door adds such a fabulous touch of color {in an unexpected way}.
 Also check how she carried the subway tile all the way to the ceiling. That was one of the first things I noticed! 

You can see her home tour here PLUS she was recently featured on Made By Girl so you can check it out over there too! 


I had a few questions for Nicole and here's what she had to say:


Favorite DIY project: My favorite DIY project is by far my powder room chandelier.  I had never done anything like that before, and I loved all that I learned about creating a light fixture out of the process!



More about her DIY chandelier here!

I also love to paint, so the DIY painted wallpaper was really fun too!  I love spending time in my daughter's bathroom swimming in silver polka dots!

More about her painted wallpaper here!

Favorite Spring trends: The spring trend that I would love to incorporate in my home is more touches of honeysuckle.  I love a good pink, and the honeysuckle is a nice change from my go to coral.  I would love a pillow or piece of artwork in honeysuckle pink!

Favorite designers: My all time favorite designer is Kelly Wearstler.  She had me at hello years ago!  I love how daring she is and her quirky style.  There are so many more designers or homes that I have seen and loved, but I also really love Caitlin WIlson.  She is one of my best friends, and I think she is amazing!  It has been so fun watching her career grow!

Favorite shops: My top three shops are first and foremost: Juxtaposition in Crystal Cove.  My jaw drops every time I am in there.  If I had all the money in the world, majority of my home would be filled with their finds!  Second, I love Alice Lane Home.  Their store is beautiful!  And third I love Molly Wood Design in Newport Beach.  I find a treasure I can't leave the store without every time I go.  Molly Wood is a landscape designer with impeccable taste, and I love creating a space outdoors as much as I love creating spaces inside!


Thank you so much Nicole!!

4 comments:

  1. I'm loving the kitchen! The chandelier adds so much personality to the space- beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful. I just love that kitchen. And what a fun kids bathroom too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh i just love her kitchen too...well everything but her kitchen is pretty awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the feature Kimberly!!

    xo

    ReplyDelete

//PINTEREST
Pin It button on image hover