Friday, December 2, 2011

Feeling At Home

Since our anniversary came right around holiday traveling, husband's mid-terms, and this and that...we haven't had much time to get out and celebrate! We decided to just stay close and head up to Park City for a couple of days. We stayed at the Waldorf Astoria right at the foot of the ski hills. Snow conditions aren't fabulous yet so we just spent some time at the outlet malls {no complaints here} and wandering around town.
 {lobby -- excuse the iphone pic...}
{love those mountains}

The Waldorf Astoria was classy & modern and less lodge-like {not that lodge-like is a bad thing}. Anyways, we loved it!  While there I thought about an article I read in the last issue of House of Fifty. Lori Graham shares her tips on "creating a swanky guest suite." I swear, design brains never rest!

Anyways, the article was brilliant. I loved it. Feeling a little bit of comfort and luxury in a place that's not your own sounds pretty nice, don't you think? I'm thinking these will be a must for our guests...

{slippers.water.late-night snack}

But seeing as we don't have a guest room just yet, it may be a while til you can come visit!
Go read the article! It starts on page 10.

Anyways now that we have that settled... and in completely unrelated news... I'm feeling overwhelmed in the Christmas Decorating Department. Anyone else? Being newly married, we haven't had a lot of time to acquire a ton of holiday decor yet! I turned to beloved Pinterest and found these...

{So easy!}

{I'm loving every detail of this shot. I already have the chevron print so I'm pretty much almost there...}

{A-dorable.}

Have a great weekend everyone. I have a good friend coming to visit who I haven't seen in a year and a half. She's been serving a mission for our church in Brazil. Hm, better make a run to the mall for those slippers...

No comments:

Post a Comment

//PINTEREST
Pin It button on image hover