Sunday, January 6, 2013

A Few Thoughts


There's just something so peaceful about little white lights. I had them strewn ALL up in this basement bungalow but as we took down the christmas decorations this week I had to keep just one strand still in place. Plus the apartment just feels so barren after taking down the tree and decor! 

On a different note, I'm sitting here in the early AM finishing up the last touches on this blog's new look! Why is it that I always catch that second wind right around, oh, 11PM? Sleep Shmeep. Anyways. What do you think? My style is definitely evolving. I've talked about it a million times on this here blog, I know! I know! Changing the blog up is a big deal to me -- it's your first impression of me. Talk about pressure! But I've always been drawn towards a more clean contemporary design so these big, but simple looking, changes I've made are going to fit me well. 

For the past few months I [and what seems like every blogger] have been going through some growing pains with their blog. I've taken a bazillion years to figure out what direction I'm headed but I have my vision and I'm moving towards it! With the introduction of Pinterest [my second love], blogs aren't just a place to see pretty pictures. They're a place to come and learn and be inspired all while getting to know the person behind the screen [something Pinterest can't offer]. I've pretty much kept things strictly design around here, but I think that's one area that needs to change. I've been wrestling with how to do that without this blog just turning into a family slideshow. So please don't give up on me as I work these new ideas in! The design will always be first. Then the designer.  

Please do share your thoughts with me! 


photo: property of third floor design studio

3 comments:

  1. Simple yet stylish, clean, fresh ... great new look on the blog and for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. reminds me a lot of rockstar diaries new look. just a thought! love the clean and simple and love your glasses!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the new look. Very, classic. And, excited to see how you are going to incorporate both life and design! :) :)

    ReplyDelete

//PINTEREST
Pin It button on image hover