Friday, January 18, 2013

Half Painted Walls

Ok, clearly I was having a 'major obsession with gray' moment while making this post. But when it comes to half painted walls I think streamlined, simple, and clean is the way to go. And gray. Definitely gray. 

I love how contemporary and unexpected the half painted wall looks [goodbye wainscoting. see ya chair rail]. Putting the darker color on bottom makes the ceiling feel taller, but I think the look works best when the ceilings are already high. 







Oh hi, pink. It's nice to see you. You know I always need a little color! 
I am absolutely loving the statement the wall makes in this room. 


photo sources: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

2 comments:

  1. Kim, we just bought a house and in the living room is a two-toned, half-painted wall that I seriously wanted to chance to gray on the bottom and white on top. This post has given me more hope and scope for that project to happen this spring! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! That sounds amazing! You'll have to post pictures. And congrats on buying a house!! Are you still in UT?

      Delete

//PINTEREST
Pin It button on image hover