Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Weekly Tip: Valentine's Day Garland

I have a love/hate relationship with Valentine's Day. How does that work? I mean, who doesn't love a little extra doting-ness but, seriously, a day devoted to what we should be doing year round is just a little ridiculous. 

At the same time, it is an extra excuse to decorate our basement bungalow with some red & pink & white. A few days ago I wandered down the aisles of the craft store in a daze. Does anyone else feel more overwhelmed than excited in craft stores? Sheesh. 

Hours passed [I think] and I emerged with pom poms. I knew I had a needle and yarn at home so I was set. Well, apparently I was feeling over confident that my sewing needle would do the job. Turns out it's impossible. So I picked up a yarn needle and strung those bad boys! 




I have a few more ideas swirling around but they may require a trip back to the craft store... and I'm just not ready for that yet! 

[for today it will adorn the fireplace. we'll see about tomorrow]


photos: property of third floor design studio

2 comments:

  1. That looks so great! I feel overwhelmed in craft stores all the time, so I usually leave empty handed. Or with a bag full of ribbon, like I did last weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute. Made a similar one this past week and will link to yours tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete

//PINTEREST
Pin It button on image hover