Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Fresh Flowers: A Simple Pick-Me-Up For Your Home


This winter is starting to feel exceptionally long. I'm missing the outside and seeing green, any green. My hunny brought some red roses home on Valentine's Day and they just brightened my little home right up. Fresh flowers make a room feel so inviting and, hi, they smell delicious. If I didn't have the world's blackest thumb I'd try and keep some around more often! Did you see this tutorial over at A Cup of Jo on arranging supermarket flowers? A few simple steps and you can have blog worthy looking flowers. I may just have to pick some up this week. Wish me and my black thumb luck...

5 comments:

  1. I love fresh flowers in our house... instantly freshens up the room!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love your image of the roses! i really need some fresh flowers to brighten up our apartment. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't buy flowers often but when I do I just love it. Its amazing how something so simple can brighten your room (or your day!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi kim!! Steph Clement well, now Abbott here :)

    I just wanted to let you know (though you probably know this) that you can get really cheap/discounted flowers at flower wholesalers. I recently helped a friend put together her arrangements for her wedding and we got our stems so cheap!

    Also, Farmers Markets are the BEST for fresh blooms!

    Have a great one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Steph!! I definitely love to visit farmers markets during the summer but thanks for the wholesalers tip!! xo!

      Delete

//PINTEREST
Pin It button on image hover