Thursday, March 28, 2013

Design Studio Challenge: Midweek Update


I decided to share my Design Studio Challenge with you a little early to get the creativity flowing! The challenge was "creating a tablescape." I went with a simple Easter set-up. I used as many things I could find around the house + a few new additions like fresh tulips & floral napkins. If you follow me on Instagram you know I was debating between a few different linen options! I just kept going back to these. Aren't they so perfect for spring? Plus they were on sale -- WM always seems to be having a good sale! 


Every year I realize [after the fact] that I forgot to display this gorgeous hand painted egg my husband picked up while photographing for a non-profit in Ukraine. I just love it. World Market also has a great selection of unique paper mache & painted eggs [along with Etsy of course!].


I used brown craft paper to create placemats and free-handed the little bunny. Some fun paper & baker's twine I already had made for the perfect Easter bunting. 

I had to work a little gold glitter in there! Naturally. Can't break the obsession. Annnnd since processed sugar is off limits around these parts, the fluffy guy brought raspberries & dark chocolate chips instead.

>>> Read more about my latest series, Design Studio: Challenge of the Week

>>> And in other news, my website is finally live! There's still a lot of work to be done and documented on it but it's up and running! Check it out here

Photos: Property of Third Floor Design Studio

1 comment:

//PINTEREST
Pin It button on image hover