Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Gallery Wall Roundup

Since this week's design challenge is focused around creating your own gallery wall, I thought I'd roundup a few of my favorite gallery walls. 

Asymmetrical: Placing art in an "organized mess" can be tricky to pull off! There are PLENTY of tutorials on Pinterest for how to place art in this type of gallery wall. Helpful tip: keep the frames consistent in color whether it be monochromatic, neutral, or a combination of two colors like black and white.

+ / +

+

Symmetrical: This type of gallery wall has really caught my eye lately. It's clean, crisp, and organized. It's certainly easier to place art in this setting! Helpful tip: Using a thick mat will make the art stand out and create a more impressive look. Oh, and don't forget a ruler! 

+ / +

+ / +

Gallery walls can be intimidating by the sheer number of nails that will be put into the wall! It can be a big commitment, especially for renters! Later this week I'll be posting a video about a few of my favorite ways to create a gallery wall that are super inexpensive and a little more rental-friendly! So stay tuned.

5 comments:

  1. I use the velcro damage-free wall hanging strips to hang all of my pictures and they work great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! They are awesome! They hold a ton more weight than the plastic hooks do!

      Delete
  2. With the help of a friend I just put a gallery wall up in my living room. Pinterest is great for inspiration. I used paper to create templates of all my frames. It made the layout and hanging process go much smoother. It was definitely worth the time is took to cut out all the templates.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome, Jenn! Paper templates are KEY in creating a great gallery wall! It looks fantastic! :)

      Delete

//PINTEREST
Pin It button on image hover