Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Neutrals + Texture + Pattern

Neutral color schemes will always be popular. In current design trends, grays and whites and natural wood tones are taking the world [and Pinterest] by storm. And while neutral color palettes are easier to put together, the hard part is giving the room enough visual interest. In colorful spaces it is easier to rely on varying colors to keep the eye interested and moving throughout the design. In neutral rooms, relying on texture and pattern to create that visual interest will be key.

A course jute rug, a soft sheepskin throw, a smooth lamp base/pendant lamp, a rough natural wood tabletop; all of these things provide that extra element of texture to a space. Introduce a few patterns of varying scale and suddenly the neutral color palette really comes to life.  

I've rounded up a few of my favorite examples that show a good mix of texture and pattern in neutral spaces >>>

+ / + 
+
+ / +
+
+ / +

3 comments:

  1. I LOVE this trend - it's got so much potential to just be easy and open but still warm and cozy. Great point about textures and pattern!

    xo
    http://kittysnooks.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE a chunky jute rug. Also loving the brick wall and rustic pendants in the last photo. Beautiful inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love a neutral space! But I've always been drawn to color... I don't know if I can go completely neutral in my own home. But these are some great inspiration photos just in case I give it a shot!

    ReplyDelete

//PINTEREST
Pin It button on image hover