Friday, November 1, 2013

November & Being Thankful

+

On this, the first day of November, I am committing myself to truly focus on gratitude. I plan on writing down at least one thing I am grateful for, each day. There are so many variations to this "challenge" but for me, I'm keeping it simple. No daily prompts, no rules. Just genuine gratitude documented. 

We all know it's easy to get caught up in the minutia, to only think about ourselves, to feel like our problems are the only ones that hurt. But there is always good to be found in any situation. When we allow ourselves to acknowledge the good / the happy / the positive in our life, the scales change and the burdens don't weigh as much. 

I'll admit I'm the first to forget this, which is why I'm committing to do this little exercise. I have a cute little journal picked out too, so there's really no excuse now! 

Anyone else up for the challenge? 

Happy Friday. 

2 comments:

//PINTEREST
Pin It button on image hover