Friday, December 20, 2013

What I've Been Up To: White Elephant Edition

You know I love a good party. This year we wanted our guests to just enjoy being together and sharing a few laughs. So we went with the white elephant gift exchange. A guarantee for a good joke or two.

I wanted to keep things simple this year. I tried not to get into my usual obsessed party-planning mode, but when I had a dream that only half the guests showed [THREE nights in a row], I realized I'm incapable of not fussing over every detail. Anyone out there have a good self-help book for this?! 

Regardless, I let myself get crazy with the whole elephant theme. It was a fun one! We snacked on homemade baked, not fried, elephant ears [we're all trying to cut a few cals around the holidays right?], homemade pizzelles, and these ridiculously good [and easy] things that totally add those calories right back onto the plate. Seriously, if you want to pretend to be fancy and get a bunch of compliments, make those. 





And what's a party these days without a little photobooth? I made a simple snowflake backdrop and spent a good day spray painting that elephant mask. My neighbors thought I was strange before...


We let everyone take photos using their phones for easy instagramming purposes [you know, priorities] but I'm wishing I had a copy of them all! There were some hilarious ones dawning gifts people had received. 

You just can't go wrong with a white elephant gift exchange. Except when you end up with the gift you brought! Sorry Tyler! 


Photos: Property of Third Floor Design Studio



1 comment:

//PINTEREST
Pin It button on image hover